Q11 How often should the filters and RO membrane be changed?
It depends on the local water quality. The filter change time for all filters and the RO membrane can be adjusted to meet the local water conditions. Generally for water with under 300 ppm TDS, the following guidelines can be followed:
- Pre-filter PP5u: every 3 months
- Carbon: every 6 months. (Note: It is important to change this cartridge every 6 months to prevent chlorine in the feed water form damaging the membrane.)
- Sediment PP 1u: every 9 months
- RO membrane: every 2 years
- Post Carbon: every 12 months
For water with higher TDS, filters should be changed more often.